Keno - Origines
Keno and especially Online Keno have become huge in the last few years around the world. There are many platforms offering ways to play, and even more, players wanting to do so. Playing Keno is very simple once you understand how everything about it works, after which it becomes even more addicting.
For that reason we decided to do the most in-depth post about keno there is online today. In this keno post, you will find out everything you need to ever know about playing Keno. You will understand what Keno is, exactly how to play Keno, the different strategies behind playing Keno, the best numbers to play, where to play Keno online and much more.
But first thing is first.
What is Keno?
Keno is a game that in many ways resembles the lottery, and is actually offered as a game by a few lotteries. It is believed today that the origins of Keno are in ancient China, when some say that is was thanks to Keno that the empire had enough money to build the great wall of China. Back then, the Chinese played the game by using sheets printed with Chinese characters and eventually what they sailed west, the game started becoming more and more popular and when it finally, by 1866 it was one of the most popular games in the USA and was given the name Keno.
In this most in-depth Keno review ever presented you will find:
A full list of the Best Online Keno websites.
How to play Keno?
- Where you can play Keno 24/7 live
- keno strategy
- Top keno mobile Options
- Keno numbers that come up the most
- Best Online keno casino
- Platforms to play free keno no download
BEST ONLINE KENO CASINOS
HOW TO PLAY KENO ONLINE
If you're looking to gamble without taking a huge risk, keno is the perfect game for you. It's very simple to understand and play since there is no complex strategy involved. It's available at some casinos and now even online casinos offer Keno. The bottom line is if your number is selected, you win - SIMPLE AS THAT! it has some similarities with poker, bingo, and roulette, so this game can be quite addicting.
Keno Step 1
purchase the keno card. Offline, the Keno cards are usually found at keno lounges in casinos. Online, you simply click on the Keno game and select purchase card. The numbers on the Keno card will show 1 through 80. Your goal is to match the numbers on balls in the aerated/virtual keno machine.
- Certain offline Keno Lounges or lotteries offer different versions of their cards. Online Keno casinos will have special bonuses or jackpot cards, in addition to their regular cards. You can ask if more than one type is available.
Keno Step 2
Select the numbers you wish and mark them down on your keno card. Every number you chose is called a "keno spot" and the keno card is arranged in a way with 8 rows and 10 columns of numbers. The Keno card will let you knowexactly how many numbers you're allowed to choose.
- Most Keno cards will allow you to select numbers from 1 to 10, while others will say anything up to 20 is fine. The Keno ticket will cost the same regardless of the number of numbers you select, so you might as well bet more!
- Some Keno cards offer a "quick pick" section where you can have the computer do the choosing of the numbers for you. The odds of winning will remain the same.
Keno Step 3
Select the amount of money you wish to wager on your selected numbers and exactly how many keno games you would like to play. Make your choices on your keno card very clear. For example, if you bet $2 on your selected numbers and want to play 8 games, that's $16 Obviously, the more money you bet, the more money you can potentially win.
- You may wager as little as $1 on a chosen bet and though some platforms offer no limit, most Online keno casinos usually offer up to $20, It all depends on where you're playing.
- Players can wager by groups of numbers as long as it is still within the same game using a way bet. This may get complicated because you have to select a combination from groups of numbers, making it more difficult to keep track of all your Keno picks. The next section will make this clear.
Keno Step 4
Hand over your keno card to a keno worker who will get your wager into the next game (At onsite casinos) With an online Casino you simply click. An e-ticket copy of your Keno card will be given right back to you so you can easily follow along with the games as soon as they are announced. Make sure that everything you mark is correct before you hand it over!
Keno Step 5
Pay attention to the keno machine as it will randomly select 20 balls (or watch the screen with online Keno). All modern and online keno machines use computer software to generate winning balls/numbers. The numbers are then displayed electronically on keno boards all throughout the establishment or the online Keno Casino. If you're playing a handful of Keno games with an onsite casino, you may want to wander around so you don't miss a thing.
- With Onsite Keno Casinos, the number of the keno game you're playing will be displayed somewhere on your Keno ticket and on the screen. Make sure they match up!
- Check if the numbers you've chosen on your ticket match the numbers the online keno machine pulled. If you have a match, you win! The amount you win depends on exactly how many numbers you matched up with and how much money you wagered.
- The Keno payout depends on the number of keno tickets in each and every game. In some cases, a single dollar might net a payoff of tens of thousands. Ask a Keno worker, or keno support with online Keno for an explanation if you're unsure about this. Some keno parlors also utilize a special payoff for selecting a bonus number.
- Every online Keno is different; there is no average here. But Keno payouts tend to be within 70% to around 80%. For the record, that's not good. You want it to be as close to 100% as possible.
MIXING IT UP - ONLINE KENO
Keno - Use a "way" ticket. This is where Keno might start getting just a little complicated. It's where the combinations enter the mix. For example:
- You select six numbers.
- You mark them in two groups of three.
- On the side of the ticket, you will mark "2/3" and "1/6".
- This means you want to wager $3. $1 is on one group of three, $1 is on the 2nd group of three, and $1 is on all six. Consider this of something like horse racing. Hitting the winning horse is good, hitting win, place, and the show is even better.
The Keno numbers may overlap in your combinations. For example, if you have a group of 2, a group of 3 and a group of 4. Then you have three groups. But you can also choose to have a group of 5 (3 and 2), a group of six (2 and 4), a group of 7 (3 and 4), and a group of 9 (all the numbers). At $1, what would this cost? $7. Makes sense?
- Remember to write on the side of your ticket exactly what you want! Otherwise, your keno writer might get a little confused.
Keno king ticket.
If a number is marked all by its lonesome, it is considered a "king." It can then get inserted into any combination. For example 2/3 and 1/6 - add the king on top to all combinations at it's 2/4 and 2/7. The king number now joined each group of three and is added to the total, equaling 7 numbers in final.
Bonus Keno Options
Bet the bonus. Many onsite casinos or online Keno casinos have some kind of bonus for all keno games. Many times it's called a "bullseye", sometimes a "booster", sometimes just a bonus. But you will know it's a Keno bonus when you'll see it. It's can be spotted as another number and when it comes up, you win big! It will cost a bit more to bet on, of course. This can be anywhere from $1 to double whatever your wager.
- The bonus has many variations, too. It can be anything from double the winnings to 20x the normal wager. Ask the keno work or the Keno Support at online Keno to understand exactly how it works.
Play "Video keno". Many online Keno games will allow you to place a single bet up to 40 numbers. But then you can also play it on screens at onsite casinos and various other locations now. The payout will usually be a bit better, but you also get to play faster, so it evens out. With online video keno, you play at your own pace.
- You can select the numbers just by touching the screen - it's extremely simple and easy. Sometimes there are also keno video games at the nickel level. With Video Keno make sure you know what your minimum bet is before you wager.
Keno Jackpot. Keep the progressive jackpot in mind. If there is a Keno Jackpot, of course. Some Online Keno casinos offer a progressive jackpot - and if no one wins it big, it just keeps growing and growing. It can sometimes even get high enough to where the payout is over 100%! But since everything is so random, it's very hard to predict anything. However, if you do find one, it can be very fun to play!
Packaged Keno. This is the same thing as "bulk buying." The more Keno games you buy, the cheaper they are. Some areas offer "packaged" keno, where you can buy, for example, 60 Keno games at a quarter of the price. The games you play can then be whenever you wish, so long as you give your ticket to a keno retailer beforehand. Otherwise, it'd be too good to be true!
PLAY KENO 24/7 LIVE
Back some year ago, Keno was only available with onsite Casinos or with different lounges. Today, Online Keno is easier than ever making it possible for everyone to play Keno 24/7 live, with different Keno Online Casinos or by playing Mobile Keno on the go. Here are some platforms that allow you to play Keno Online 24/7 live and to play Keno mobile.
- StayLucky Casino. This casino was published in early August 2019. The main Payment methods are Visa and Mastercard. They offer a huge Welcome offer of 300% up to 1000 +100 free spins and a 24/7 very responsive support team.
- Club Lounge Casino. Licensed in Curacao and launched in 2019, ClubLounge offers great Keno 24/7. as well as more than 800 games by NextGen, Netent, Betsoft, and many other providers. Moreover, Club Lounge is quite generous and welcomes newbies with €1,500 and 150 bonus spins.
- Split Aces Casino. We have to mention Split Aces brand when it comes to 24/7 keno. Players at this website get access to over 400 games, including live keno, a live dealer platform and lots of bonus spins. Furthermore, right upon registration, new customers can claim up to €1,500 in welcome bonus.
- Casino Napoli. One of the classic casinos that offer Live Keno 24/7. This Casino also offers live support in 10 different languages, Weekly bonuses, and a massive variety of games with over 600 Slots, bingo and board game providers. This casino also has a great VIP program giving you unlimited amounts to deposit and withdrawals.
- Bronze Casino. It is our top pick from all operators and casino sites for Live Keno 24/7. The numerous perks of playing there include more than 950 games by world-class providers such as Playson, NYX and Microgaming. The welcome bonus of up to €2,000 deserves a mention as well.
- Classy Slots. Classy Slots is another great platform for live 24/7 Keno. The design is clean & Classy, the welcome bonus is X3 meaning you get the welcome bonus the first 3 you deposit and not just the first time. They also have a great mobile version of the casino making it easy to play on the go.
- Majesty Slots. Majesty Slots is one of Curacao's newest online casino not registered with gamstop which also provides great 24/7 Live Keno. They offer many payment options and support in over 10 different languages. The welcome bonus is 400% up to 800.
BEST KENO STRATEGY
Even though online Keno is a game of absolute chance, there are still things a player can do to influence the numbers drawn.
One thing that many players like about Keno is that unlike other casino games such as Blackjack, Keno offers huge jackpots. But, you bet on less than the max total of numbers, the payout does decrease. But for the sake of entertainment, you can regularly bet on only two numbers, this will mean you will win smaller amounts with greater frequency than if you were to regularly bet on 15 numbers.
There are also players who decide what numbers they wish to play according to different strategies. The first one, called ‘Let the Old Man Chase You,’ they Keno player will play numbers that haven’t come up yet in the recent games. The second one, ‘Chase the Old Man,’ the Keno player will bet on the numbers which have recently just come up. The third Keno strategy is called ‘Play It Again’ and involves retrieving a discarded losing ticket from a previous game and replaying the exact same numbers on it. The forth, named ‘Successive Numbers’ strategy, is when players bet on consecutive numbers, For example, 16 and 17 or 45 and 46. And last, when a Keno player bets on the same numbers over a series of Keno ‘races,’ the strategy is called ‘Let It Ride.’
This should go without saying but money management is an important part of your playing strategy. Although a Keno wager is usually small, the more sophisticated betting options can add up to a large sum. You should be certain you are not betting any more than you can handle.
TOP KENO MOBILE OPTIONS
As mentioned earlier, Online Keno is growing each year. And in the past 20 years more so than ever with the help of mobile cellphones. Some Keno platforms have yet to adapt to the new reality of online gambling and are only equipt to desktop while others understand where the world is going and have made it possible for anyone to play Keno 24/7 online on the mobile. Below we list the top Mobile Keno solutions we found are trustworthy and easy to play.
- Casino Napoli. Classic Italian vibe, over 10 mobile keno providers, and many other games as well such as Slots and Bingo.
- StayLucky Casino. This newest casino around. Great VIP 24/7 support for mobile Keno.
- Club Lounge Casino. Fantastic mobile platform for Keno and many other games.
- Split Aces Casino. Very classy feel to it, Huge casino welcome bonus and Mobile Keno friendly.
- Bronze Casino. Great Mobile Keno Jackpots.
WHAT KENO NUMBERS COME OUT MOST?
Guessing the right the numbers at keno is what every gambler wants. Actually, to get or "catch" a number means to correctly guess that number and also have it marked on your keno ticket. A player’s winning is decided based on the number of “catches” the Keno player made in the game. The maximum number for a single Keno player is 20 “catches”, which has never happened before. A jackpot is touched when the Keno players achieves 15 “catches”. The “spots” are the names of the numbers marked on the tickets a Keno player is playing with. The number of “catches” and “spots” are connected. As an example, when you have 8 spots and 4 catches, this means you bought 8 numbers and 4 of them were a winner, being picked by the keno draw!
Although statistically, every number has the same odds to be drawn at Keno, Online Keno platforms report that these are the 5 hot numbers (often drawn): 23, 34, 72, 1 and 4. Most frequent state draws numbers to the numbers that have been coming out very often in the last 50 draws are 3, 16, 44, 58 and 78. The key thing to remember is that as much drawn numbers a player has on his tickets, as much he will be able to collect. The maximum of drawing numbers in any kind of Keno is 20, but in fact, no one has hit 10 out of 20 Keno numbers ever. Just to make it even more clear, to "Catch" 14 numbers, the odds are 1:390 million.